Saturday, May 5, 2012

ending the week with a bang!

So if you've been keeping up with us, you know our Monday was, well, a Monday.  So it only seems fitting that we use Saturday to end our week wide open, high energy, lots of dirt, and full of laughs!  Of course since it is a weekend we are up at our usual 6am, Mama kept us in bed until 6:30 with snuggles then we are up rearing for the day.  We watched a little tv while drinking our milk until about 7:30 when the TV got turned off and the house turned into a bike track!  Mama pushed the furniture against the walls and let us ride!  We brought our bikes with training wheels inside and rode circles for hours! Then Mama kicked us outside to jump on the trampoline when she just couldn't take the chaos anymore. 
   Just as Mama thought "it's so nice and quite..."  she jumped up to check out what we were doing, because she knew we must be getting into something, it really is the only reason we are "quiet".  She found mud...everywhere!  Under the mud we had ear to ear smiles!  "Do you know how mad your Dad would be, wait right here..."  we thought we were going to get beat, we were thrilled when Mama came out with the camera instead of the spoon!



So after the back porch was cleaned off, the boys hosed off (I used the high pressure nozzle, they giggled because it was stingy; I giggled because it is fun to torture a kid after they make you clean up yet another mess;) Then some more naked trampoline jumping (boys not Mama) then Mama  put three still dirty boys into the shower to soap, rinse, and repeat until the water ran clean.  The boys then headed to rest and drink milk but they had no desire to rest.  Where in the hell do they get their energy?!  I mean really, I was ready for a nap and I already had 2 cups of coffee and didn't move around the way they did!  So back to the indoor bike track for more riding time.  About now Daddy came home for lunch and was in the family room when the boys, all giggly, came around the corner on bikes wearing the bathing suit bottoms we got my nieces, yes hysterical! (oh and on backwards!)

When I finally stopped laughing, I got them some real (not fun at all) clothes so we could head to a baby shower out at Magnesia Springs, the place we lived when we had both Noah and Jackson. 

It was neat to see the house we brought our babies home from the hospital to and Julie's last home, but I am glad we have the house we do now, I would be a wreck worrying about snakes all the time with little boys who love the woods, water, and dirt.  After getting all sugared up on party treats, getting love and attention from cousins, Aunt Mel, and Grandma and a walk down to the springs...




 the boys finally crashed on the drive home.




1 comment:

  1. Love these tiny tornadoes!
    XOXO
    Aunt Mel

    ReplyDelete