Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The cool parent...

While Moms are worrying about, well, everything, Dads just worry about being cool.  For the most part they get to be the fun parent and take the risks.  My boys are blessed with the best Daddy!  He is the one who does hair, he cuts it and he styles it, cool of course









He is the one who got them into BMX, the one who is not afraid to let them ride fast, and the one who started school tonight and left Mama to take the boys to the track alone with 3 boys, 2 bikes and a fear of the starting hill.  What Mama is good for is dressing her boys, if we are going to race we are going to look good...


















 So all geared up we headed out to High Springs BMX, the boys with excitement to ride, Mama with fear of 3 boys alone at the track.  However, everyone, and I mean everyone, is super nice out there, when Jackson fell head over heels over head the 3 other boys riding all stopped to see if he was okay, they could have ridden right around him but instead stopped to check on my little guy, that is the kind of boys I am trying to raise so this is one reason I am happy to keep heading out to the track.  As time passed, more and more people showed up to ride and no one was bothered that they had to swerve around the little guys, truly good people out there.  So back to the big hill, the starting hill is very intimidating for me, I don't know that I would ever go down it but determined not to cast my fears onto my children I encouraged Noah to give it a whirl, he had conquered all of his other fears at the track, so he lunged right into it,
(video to come)
He was as proud as I was, a great accomplishment for any kid but especially so for Noah:)
So tonight this Mama got to be the cool parent, it feels good, and I am so proud of my little guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment